Sunday, October 19, 2025

Regular Verbs in the Past Tense & A Brief History of a Famous Person 🕰️ Lesson 8

Halo teman-teman pembelajar bahasa Inggris! 👋

Selamat datang di blog “Belajar Bahasa Inggris”, tempat kita belajar bahasa Inggris dengan cara yang mudah dan menyenangkan.

Hari ini kita akan membahas dua hal penting yang sering digunakan ketika kita bercerita tentang masa lalu:
👉 Regular Verbs in the Past Tense dan
👉 How to Write A Brief History of a Famous Person.

Kalau kamu suka membaca biografi orang terkenal seperti Thomas Edison, Soekarno, atau Taylor Swift, pelajaran ini sangat berguna! Yuk kita mulai pelan-pelan 😄

 

Regular Verbs in the Past Tense & A Brief History of a Famous Person 🕰️ Lesson 8

🔹 1. Regular Verbs in the Past Tense

Apa itu Regular Verbs?

Regular Verbs adalah kata kerja (verbs) yang mengikuti pola tetap saat diubah ke bentuk Past Tense (masa lampau).
Ciri khasnya adalah menambahkan “-ed” di akhir kata.

Contoh:

Verb (Present)

Past Tense (Regular)

Arti

work

worked

bekerja

play

played

bermain

visit

visited

mengunjungi

watch

watched

menonton

clean

cleaned

membersihkan

study

studied

belajar

walk

walked

berjalan

cook

cooked

memasak

open

opened

membuka

finish

finished

menyelesaikan

Jadi kalau kamu ingin menceritakan kegiatan yang sudah terjadi, kamu tinggal ubah kata kerja menjadi bentuk -ed.

 

🧠 Pola Umum Regular Verbs

Akhiran Kata

Aturan

Contoh

Kata biasa

Tambahkan -ed

play → played

Berakhir dengan e

Tambahkan -d saja

love → loved

Berakhir dengan y setelah huruf konsonan

Ganti y → ied

study → studied

Berakhir dengan huruf konsonan (1 suku kata dan tekanan di akhir)

Gandakan huruf terakhir + -ed

stop → stopped

🗣️ Contoh kalimat:

·         I worked at a bookstore last year.

·         She visited her grandparents yesterday.

·         They watched a movie last night.

·         He studied English yesterday evening.

·         We cleaned the classroom this morning.

 

⚠️ Catatan Penting:

Walaupun bentuk -ed kelihatannya sederhana, cara membacanya berbeda-beda tergantung huruf terakhirnya.

Akhiran bunyi

Cara baca “-ed”

Contoh

/t/ atau /d/

/ɪd/

wanted → /ˈwɒn.tɪd/, decided

Bunyi tidak bersuara (p, k, f, s, sh, ch)

/t/

watched → /wɒtʃt/, laughed

Bunyi bersuara (v, l, g, m, n, r, dll)

/d/

cleaned → /kliːnd/, played

💡 Tips: Jangan takut salah ucap — yang penting kamu tahu polanya dulu. Pelafalan bisa dilatih sambil mendengar lagu atau video bahasa Inggris.

 

🔹 1. Regular Verbs in the Past Tense

Apa itu Regular Verbs?

Regular Verbs adalah kata kerja yang pola perubahannya tetap ketika diubah ke bentuk Past Tense (masa lampau).
Ciri utamanya:
menambahkan "-ed" di akhir kata kerja dasar (base form).

📌 Fungsi: Menyatakan kegiatan atau peristiwa yang sudah selesai terjadi di masa lalu.

 

📋 Daftar Regular Verbs yang Diperkaya (50+ Kata Kerja)

Present (V1)

Past (V2)

Arti

work

worked

bekerja

play

played

bermain

visit

visited

mengunjungi

watch

watched

menonton

clean

cleaned

membersihkan

study

studied

belajar

walk

walked

berjalan

cook

cooked

memasak

open

opened

membuka

finish

finished

menyelesaikan

help

helped

membantu

call

called

memanggil/menelepon

talk

talked

berbicara

listen

listened

mendengarkan

wait

waited

menunggu

start

started

memulai

stop

stopped

berhenti

plan

planned

merencanakan

travel

travelled (UK) / traveled (US)

bepergian

arrive

arrived

tiba

love

loved

mencintai

like

liked

menyukai

dance

danced

menari

smile

smiled

tersenyum

cry

cried

menangis

try

tried

mencoba

carry

carried

membawa

marry

married

menikahi

hurry

hurried

terburu-buru

worry

worried

khawatir

drop

dropped

menjatuhkan

grab

grabbed

meraih

hug

hugged

memeluk

chat

chatted

mengobrol

shop

shopped

berbelanja

rob

robbed

merampok

scrub

scrubbed

menggosok

change

changed

mengubah

close

closed

menutup

compare

compared

membandingkan

prepare

prepared

menyiapkan

celebrate

celebrated

merayakan

create

created

menciptakan

decorate

decorated

mendekorasi

educate

educated

mendidik

invite

invited

mengundang

move

moved

pindah/bergerak

practice

practiced

berlatih

use

used

menggunakan

enjoy

enjoyed

menikmati

explain

explained

menjelaskan

 

🧠 Pola Perubahan Ejaan (Lebih Detail)

Akhiran Kata

Aturan

Contoh

Kata biasa (akhiran konsonan)

Tambahkan -ed

walk → walked, help → helped

Berakhir dengan -e

Tambahkan -d saja

love → loved, dance → danced, close → closed

Berakhir dengan -y setelah konsonan

Ganti -y-ied

study → studied, cry → cried, try → tried

Berakhir dengan -y setelah vokal

Tetap tambahkan -ed

play → played, enjoy → enjoyed, pray → prayed

Berakhir dengan konsonan + vokal + konsonan (1 suku kata, tekanan di akhir)

Gandakan huruf terakhir + -ed

stop → stopped, plan → planned, drop → dropped

Berakhir dengan -l (British English)

Gandakan -l + -ed

travel → travelled (UK), cancel → cancelled (UK)

 

🗣️ Panduan Pelafalan "-ed" (Yang Paling Penting!)

Banyak pelajar yang tahu cara menulis, tapi bingung cara mengucapkan "-ed".
Ternyata
ada 3 cara baca, tergantung bunyi huruf terakhir kata kerja:

Akhiran Bunyi

Cara Baca "-ed"

Contoh & Pelafalan

/t/ atau /d/ (huruf t atau d)

/ɪd/ (ditambah satu suku kata)

want → wanted /ˈwɒn.tɪd/
decide → decided /dɪˈsaɪ.dɪd/
invite → invited /ɪnˈvaɪ.tɪd/

Bunyi tidak bersuara (voiceless): p, k, f, s, sh, ch, x

/t/ (pendek, keras)

watch → watched /wɒtʃt/
cook → cooked /kʊkt/
laugh → laughed /lɑːft/
kiss → kissed /kɪst/

Bunyi bersuara (voiced): semua huruf vokal, b, g, l, m, n, r, v, z, dll.

/d/ (berdengung)

play → played /pleɪd/
clean → cleaned /kliːnd/
love → loved /lʌvd/
call → called /kɔːld/

💡 Tips Menghafal Pelafalan:

·         /ɪd/ → hanya jika kata kerja berakhir dengan t atau d (ingat: "t/d" = tambah suku kata)

·         /t/ → jika akhirannya tidak bersuara (seperti "p, k, s, sh, ch")

·         /d/ → jika akhirannya bersuara (seperti "l, m, n, v, g, atau vokal")

 

🗣️ Contoh Kalimat dalam Berbagai Konteks

📅 Cerita Kegiatan Sehari-hari (Masa Lalu)

·         I worked at a bookstore last year.

·         She visited her grandparents yesterday.

·         They watched a movie last night.

·         He studied English yesterday evening.

·         We cleaned the classroom this morning.

🍳 Aktivitas di Rumah

·         My mother cooked fried rice for dinner.

·         I opened the window because it was hot.

·         My father repaired the broken chair.

·         We decorated the house for Christmas.

🏫 Kegiatan Sekolah/Kantor

·         The teacher explained the lesson clearly.

·         I finished my homework before 8 PM.

·         They presented their project in front of the class.

·         We discussed the new policy yesterday.

️ Perjalanan & Liburan

·         We traveled to Bali last summer.

·         She arrived at the airport at 7 AM.

·         They booked a hotel near the beach.

·         I enjoyed the local food very much.

️ Pengalaman Pribadi

·         I loved the gift you gave me.

·         He married his high school sweetheart.

·         They moved to a new house in 2020.

·         She changed her job last month.

 

Bentuk Negatif (Past Tense + Not)

Rumus: Subject + did not (didn't) + Verb 1 (base form)

Penting: Setelah did not, kata kerja kembali ke bentuk dasar (tanpa -ed)!

Positif (dengan -ed)

Negatif (tanpa -ed)

I worked yesterday.

I did not (didn't) work yesterday.

She visited us.

She didn't visit us.

They watched TV.

They didn't watch TV.

He studied hard.

He didn't study hard.

 

Bentuk Pertanyaan (Yes/No Questions)

Rumus: Did + Subject + Verb 1 (base form)?

Pertanyaan

Jawaban Pendek

Did you work yesterday?

Yes, I did. / No, I didn't.

Did she visit her grandmother?

Yes, she did. / No, she didn't.

Did they watch the movie?

Yes, they did. / No, they didn't.

Did he study English?

Yes, he did. / No, he didn't.

Pertanyaan dengan Kata Tanya (WH-Questions)

·         What did you do last night? — I watched a movie.

·         Where did she go? — She visited her friend.

·         When did they arrive? — They arrived at 8 PM.

·         Why did he cry? — Because he was sad.

·         How did you learn English? — I studied every day.

 

💬 Dialog Pendek (Konteks Nyata)

Dialog 1 — Cerita Akhir Pekan:

A: Hi, Sarah! What did you do last weekend?
B: I visited my grandmother. We cooked together and watched a movie.
A: Sounds fun! Did you clean the house too?
B: Yes, we cleaned the living room and decorated it with flowers.

Dialog 2 — Pengalaman Kerja:

A: Did you work at the cafe last summer?
B: Yes, I worked there for three months.
A: Did you enjoy it?
B: I enjoyed it, but I didn't like the early mornings.

 

⚠️ Kesalahan Umum (Common Mistakes)

Salah

Benar

Penjelasan

I didn't worked yesterday.

I didn't work yesterday.

Setelah did not, pakai V1 (tanpa -ed).

She studyed hard.

She studied hard.

Y setelah konsonan → ganti jadi -ied.

They playied football.

They played football.

Y setelah vokal → tetap + *-ed*.

We stop at the station.

We stopped at the station.

Konsonan + vokal + konsonan → gandakan + *-ed*.

He traveled to UK.

He travelled (UK) / traveled (US)

Perhatikan ejaan British vs American.

I wanted /wɒntɪd/

/ˈwɒn.tɪd/ (bisa)

Yang salah adalah mengucapkan /wɒnted/ tanpa suku kata tambahan.

🧪 Latihan Cepat (Coba sendiri!)

A. Ubah ke Past Tense:

1.    I __________ (walk) to school yesterday.

2.    She __________ (cry) because she was sad.

3.    They __________ (plan) a trip to the beach.

4.    He __________ (stop) the car suddenly.

5.    We __________ (enjoy) the concert very much.

B. Ubah ke bentuk negatif:

6.    I called my mother. → I __________ __________ my mother.

7.    She cleaned her room. → She __________ __________ her room.

C. Buat pertanyaan:

8.    __________ you __________ (watch) the news last night?

9.    __________ she __________ (visit) her aunt?

10. __________ they __________ (practice) for the match?

 

🧠 Tips Menghafal & Mengingat

1.    Kelompokkan berdasarkan pelafalan (/ɪd/, /t/, /d/) — ini sangat membantu untuk berbicara natural.

2.    Buat cerita pendek tentang hari kemarin dan tulis semua kegiatanmu pakai regular verbs.

3.    Gunakan jurnal harian (Dear diary, today I walked..., I cleaned..., I watched...)

4.    Dengarkan lagu atau tonton video dan catat semua kata kerja berakhiran *-ed* yang kamu dengar.

5.    Latihan minimal 5 kata kerja baru setiap hari — buat kalimat positif, negatif, dan tanya.

 

🧾 Ringkasan Akhir (Visual)

Aspek

Rumus

Contoh

Positif

Subject + V2 (-ed)

She walked home.

Negatif

Subject + didn't + V1

She didn't walk home.

Tanya

Did + Subject + V1?

Did she walk home?

🗣️ Pelafalan -ed

/ɪd/ (t/d), /t/ (voiceless), /d/ (voiced)

wanted, watched, played

🧩 2. Past Tense Sentence Pattern

Mari lihat bagaimana struktur kalimat Past Tense menggunakan Regular Verbs.

🏗️ Rumus Dasar:

Subject + Verb (past form) + Object + (time expression)

🗣️ Contoh:

·         I played football yesterday.

·         She watched TV last night.

·         They cleaned the park last week.

·         We visited the museum in 2023.

 

❌ Bentuk Negatif:

Subject + did not (didn’t) + Verb (base form)

🗣️ Contoh:

·         I didn’t play football yesterday.

·         She didn’t study last night.

·         They didn’t visit the museum.

💡 Catatan: Setelah didn’t, kata kerja kembali ke bentuk dasar (tanpa -ed).

 

❓Bentuk Pertanyaan:

Did + Subject + Verb (base form)?

🗣️ Contoh:

·         Did you watch the movie? → Yes, I did. / No, I didn’t.

·         Did they visit their grandparents? → Yes, they did.

 

🧩 Past Tense Sentence Pattern

Past Tense digunakan untuk menyatakan kejadian, aktivitas, atau keadaan yang sudah terjadi dan selesai di masa lalu.
Fokus utama:
waktu kejadian sudah jelas atau sudah berlalu.

 

🏗️ Rumus Dasar (Positif)

Subject + Verb 2 (Past Form) + Object/Complement + (Time Expression)

📌 Verb 2 adalah bentuk lampau dari kata kerja. Untuk regular verbs, tambahkan -ed.

 

📊 Tabel Struktur Positif

Subject

Verb 2 (Past)

Object

Time Expression

Contoh

I

played

football

yesterday

I played football yesterday.

She

watched

TV

last night

She watched TV last night.

They

cleaned

the park

last week

They cleaned the park last week.

We

visited

the museum

in 2023

We visited the museum in 2023.

He

cooked

dinner

two hours ago

He cooked dinner two hours ago.

My father

repaired

the car

last month

My father repaired the car last month.

The students

presented

their project

yesterday morning

The students presented their project yesterday morning.

 

🕐 Time Expressions (Keterangan Waktu) yang Sering Digunakan

Time Expression

Arti

Contoh Penggunaan

yesterday

kemarin

I worked yesterday.

last night

tadi malam

She watched TV last night.

last week

minggu lalu

They visited us last week.

last month

bulan lalu

He moved to Jakarta last month.

last year

tahun lalu

We traveled to Japan last year.

two days ago

dua hari yang lalu

I called you two days ago.

three hours ago

tiga jam yang lalu

She left three hours ago.

in 2020

pada tahun 2020

We graduated in 2020.

on Monday

pada hari Senin

They arrived on Monday.

this morning

pagi ini (sudah lewat)

I cleaned my room this morning.

yesterday morning

kemarin pagi

He studied yesterday morning.

the day before yesterday

kemarin lusa

She came the day before yesterday.

a few minutes ago

beberapa menit yang lalu

He left a few minutes ago.

when I was a child

ketika saya masih kecil

I lived in Bandung when I was a child.

 

Bentuk Negatif

Subject + did not (didn't) + Verb 1 (Base Form) + Object + (Time Expression)

Penting! Setelah did not / didn't, kata kerja kembali ke bentuk dasar (V1) — tanpa *-ed*.

 

📊 Tabel Struktur Negatif

Subject

Didn't

Verb 1

Object

Time

Contoh

I

didn't

play

football

yesterday

I didn't play football yesterday.

She

didn't

watch

TV

last night

She didn't watch TV last night.

They

didn't

visit

the museum

-

They didn't visit the museum.

He

didn't

study

English

last week

He didn't study English last week.

We

didn't

clean

the house

this morning

We didn't clean the house this morning.

My parents

didn't

travel

abroad

in 2022

My parents didn't travel abroad in 2022.

 

📝 Contoh Kalimat Negatif dalam Konteks

·         I didn't play football yesterday because it rained.

·         She didn't study last night; she was too tired.

·         They didn't visit the museum; it was closed.

·         He didn't cook dinner; he ordered pizza.

·         We didn't enjoy the movie; it was boring.

·         My father didn't repair the car; he took it to the mechanic.

 

Bentuk Pertanyaan (Yes/No Questions)

Did + Subject + Verb 1 (Base Form) + Object + (Time Expression)?

 

📊 Tabel Struktur Pertanyaan

Did

Subject

Verb 1

Object

Time

Contoh

Did

you

watch

the movie

last night?

Did you watch the movie last night?

Did

they

visit

their grandparents

-

Did they visit their grandparents?

Did

she

study

English

yesterday?

Did she study English yesterday?

Did

he

play

football

last week?

Did he play football last week?

Did

we

clean

the room

this morning?

Did we clean the room this morning?

 

Jawaban Pendek (Short Answers)

Pertanyaan

Jawaban Positif

Jawaban Negatif

Did you watch the movie?

Yes, I did.

No, I didn't.

Did they visit their grandparents?

Yes, they did.

No, they didn't.

Did she study English?

Yes, she did.

No, she didn't.

Did he play football?

Yes, he did.

No, he didn't.

 

WH-Questions (Pertanyaan dengan Kata Tanya)

Gunakan kata tanya: What, Where, When, Why, Who, How + did + Subject + V1?

WH-Word

Did

Subject

Verb 1

Contoh & Jawaban

What

did

you

watch

What did you watch last night? → I watched a comedy movie.

Where

did

she

go

Where did she go yesterday? → She went to the mall.

When

did

they

arrive

When did they arrive? → They arrived at 8 PM.

Why

did

he

cry

Why did he cry? → Because he was sad.

Who

did

you

meet

Who did you meet at the party? → I met my old friend.

How

did

you

learn

How did you learn English? → I studied every day.

 

🆚 Perbedaan Penting: Did vs Was/Were

Aspek

Menggunakan Did

Menggunakan Was/Were

Untuk

Kata kerja aksi (verbs)

Kata kerja keadaan (adjective/noun)

Contoh

I played football.

I was happy.

Negatif

I didn't play football.

I wasn't happy.

Tanya

Did you play football?

Were you happy?

Setelah did

Pakai V1 (base form)

Tidak pakai did sama sekali

📝 Perbandingan Langsung:

Salah

Benar

Penjelasan

I didn't went to school.

I didn't go to school.

Setelah didn't, pakai V1 (go, bukan went).

Did she was a teacher?

Was she a teacher?

Was/were untuk keadaan/pekerjaan, pakai was/were langsung.

They didn't were at home.

They weren't at home.

Were sudah bentuk lampau, tidak pakai did.

Did you studied last night?

Did you study last night?

Setelah did, pakai V1 (study, bukan studied).

 

💬 Dialog Panjang (Konteks Nyata)

Dialog 1 — Cerita Liburan:

A: Hi, Rina! How was your holiday? Did you go anywhere?
B: Yes, I went to Bali with my family. We stayed there for five days.
A: That sounds great! Did you visit any famous places?
B: Of course! We visited Uluwatu Temple and watched the sunset there. We also tried local food.
A: Did you enjoy the trip?
B: Yes, I really enjoyed it! But we didn't visit the beach because it rained.
A: Oh, that's too bad. Did you take many photos?
B: Yes, I took hundreds of photos!

 

Dialog 2 — Kegiatan Akhir Pekan:

A: What did you do last weekend?
B: I cleaned my room and helped my mom cook.
A: Did you watch the new movie on Netflix?
B: No, I didn't watch it. I didn't have time.
A: You should watch it! It's amazing.
B: Okay, I'll watch it tonight. Did you watch it alone?
A: No, I watched it with my sister. We loved it.

 

Dialog 3 — Wawancara Pekerjaan (menceritakan pengalaman lalu):

Interviewer: Did you work in a similar position before?
Candidate: Yes, I worked as a marketing assistant for two years.
Interviewer: What did you do in that role?
Candidate: I created content, managed social media, and helped with campaigns.
Interviewer: Did you enjoy working there?
Candidate: Yes, I enjoyed it very much. I also learned a lot about digital marketing.
Interviewer: Why did you leave that job?
Candidate: I wanted more challenges and decided to grow my career.

 

📝 Contoh Cerita Pendek (Narasi Masa Lalu)

My First Day at School

I started elementary school when I was six years old. My mother walked me to school on the first day. I felt nervous but excited. I met my new teacher, Mrs. Anita. She smiled and introduced me to the class. I sat next to a boy named Budi. We played together during break time. I didn't cry at all. I enjoyed my first day very much.

 

⚠️ Kesalahan Umum (Common Mistakes)

Salah

Benar

Penjelasan

I didn't played football.

I didn't play football.

Setelah didn't, pakai V1.

Did you went to school?

Did you go to school?

Setelah did, pakai V1.

She didn't studied last night.

She didn't study last night.

Setelah didn't, pakai study, bukan studied.

They didn't were at home.

They weren't at home.

Untuk to be (was/were), jangan pakai did.

I was played football.

I played football.

Jangan gabung was/were dengan V2.

We visited museum yesterday.

We visited the museum yesterday.

Jangan lupa artikel (the, *a*, an) untuk benda spesifik.

 

🧪 Latihan Cepat (Coba sendiri!)

A. Ubah ke bentuk Past Tense (Positif):

1.    I __________ (walk) to school this morning.

2.    She __________ (visit) her grandmother last week.

3.    They __________ (watch) a movie last night.

4.    He __________ (study) English yesterday evening.

5.    We __________ (clean) the house together.

B. Ubah ke bentuk Negatif:

6.    I played football yesterday. → I __________ __________ football yesterday.

7.    She visited the museum. → She __________ __________ the museum.

8.    They cleaned the park. → They __________ __________ the park.

C. Ubah ke bentuk Pertanyaan:

9.    __________ you __________ (watch) the news last night?

10. __________ she __________ (study) for the exam?

11. __________ they __________ (visit) their grandparents?

12. __________ he __________ (play) basketball last week?

D. Jawab pertanyaan berikut dengan short answer:

13. Did you eat breakfast this morning? → __________

14. Did they arrive on time? → __________

15. Did she call you yesterday? → __________

E. Buat WH-Questions dari kalimat berikut:

16. I watched a comedy movie last night. (What) → ____________________?

17. She went to the market yesterday. (Where) → ____________________?

18. They arrived at 8 PM. (When) → ____________________?

19. He cried because he was sad. (Why) → ____________________?

 

🧠 Tips Menghafal & Mengingat

1.    Ingat formula dasar:

o    Positif: S + V2

o    Negatif: S + didn't + V1

o    Tanya: Did + S + V1?

2.    Perhatikan time expressions — kata-kata seperti yesterday, last week, ago adalah tanda bahwa kamu harus pakai Past Tense.

3.    Jangan lupa: Setelah did / didn't, selalu pakai V1 (tanpa -ed)!

4.    Latihan dengan cerita: Tulis 5 kalimat tentang apa yang kamu lakukan kemarin.

5.    Buat tabel kecil di buku catatanmu sebagai panduan cepat.

 

Jenis Kalimat

Rumus

Contoh

Positif

S + V2 (Past) + O + Time

I played football yesterday.

Negatif

S + didn't + V1 + O + Time

I didn't play football yesterday.

Tanya (Yes/No)

Did + S + V1 + O + Time?

Did you play football yesterday?

WH-Question

WH + did + S + V1 + O?

What did you play yesterday?

Untuk keadaan

S + was/were + adj/noun

I was happy. (bukan did)

 

📅 3. Time Expressions (Keterangan Waktu Past Tense)

Supaya cerita kita lebih jelas, tambahkan keterangan waktu (time expressions) seperti berikut:

Time Expression

Arti

yesterday

kemarin

last night

tadi malam

last week

minggu lalu

last month

bulan lalu

last year

tahun lalu

two days ago

dua hari yang lalu

a long time ago

waktu yang lama dulu

in 1995

pada tahun 1995

🗣️ Contoh:

·         I visited Bali last year.

·         She watched a movie yesterday.

·         We cleaned the classroom two days ago.

 

⭐ 4. A Brief History of a Famous Person

Nah, sekarang kita akan menggabungkan semua yang sudah dipelajari untuk menulis kisah singkat seseorang yang terkenal (biografi pendek).
Ini bisa tokoh dunia, artis, penemu, atau bahkan pahlawan nasional.

🧭 Struktur Sederhana:

1.      Introduction – Siapa orangnya?

2.      Early Life – Kapan dan di mana dia lahir?

3.      Career/Success – Apa yang dia lakukan?

4.      Achievements – Apa prestasinya?

5.      Conclusion – Apa warisannya atau bagaimana dia dikenang?

 

📖 Contoh 1: A Brief History of Thomas Edison

Thomas Edison was born in Ohio, the USA, in 1847.
He studied science and worked very hard since he was young.
He invented the electric light bulb and helped the world use electricity.
Edison also created many other inventions such as the phonograph and motion pictures.
He died in 1931, but people still remembered him as one of the greatest inventors in history.

🧠 Kata kerja Regular yang digunakan: studied, worked, helped, created, remembered.

 

📖 Contoh 2: A Brief History of R.A. Kartini (Indonesian Hero)

Raden Ajeng Kartini was born in Jepara, Central Java, in 1879.
She loved reading books and learned many things about women’s rights from foreign magazines.
She wrote letters to her friends in Europe and shared her ideas about equality.
Kartini believed that women should have the same chance to get education as men.
She married in 1903 and died in 1904, but her spirit still inspired Indonesian women until today.

🧠 Regular Verbs: loved, learned, shared, believed, married, inspired.

 

📖 Contoh 3: A Brief History of Walt Disney

Walt Disney was born in 1901 in Chicago, USA.
He worked as a cartoon artist and created many famous characters like Mickey Mouse.
He founded Walt Disney Studios and produced hundreds of animated movies.
Disney believed that dreams could come true if we work hard.
He died in 1966, but his company still continued his vision to entertain the world.

 

🧩 5. Practice Time (Latihan Yuk!)

📝 A. Change the verbs into past form:

1.      visit → ______

2.      clean → ______

3.      work → ______

4.      study → ______

5.      play → ______

🧠 B. Make sentences using Regular Verbs in the Past Tense:

1.      I ______ (study) English last night.

2.      We ______ (visit) the museum last week.

3.      My mother ______ (cook) delicious food yesterday.

📜 C. Write a short paragraph (5 sentences) about a famous person.

Gunakan Regular Verbs in the Past Tense.
Contoh:

Taufik Hidayat was born in Bandung. He started playing badminton when he was a child.
He won many international tournaments and became one of Indonesia’s best athletes.
He retired after many years, but fans still remembered him as a legend.

 

🌟 Kesimpulan

Di pelajaran ini kamu sudah belajar:

1.      Apa itu Regular Verbs in the Past Tense dan cara menggunakannya.

2.      Struktur kalimat positif, negatif, dan tanya di Simple Past Tense.

3.      Keterangan waktu (time expressions) yang sering digunakan.

4.      Cara menulis biografi singkat tentang orang terkenal.

Sekarang kamu bisa menceritakan masa lalu dengan percaya diri — baik itu pengalaman pribadi, kisah keluarga, atau sejarah tokoh inspiratif!

 

Catatan dari Blog “BELAJAR BAHASA INGGRIS”

Latihan terbaik untuk menguasai past tense adalah dengan menulis cerita masa lalu setiap hari.
Coba tulis kisah singkat tentang orang yang kamu kagumi — bisa guru, tokoh sejarah, atau artis favoritmu — dan gunakan sebanyak mungkin regular verbs di dalamnya!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Tips Belajar Lewat Hiburan - Hari 52: Belajar Bahasa Inggris Lewat Lagu (Rekomendasi Lagu dan Bedah Liriknya)

  Hari ke-52 dari 100 hari belajar bahasa Inggris: temukan cara menyenangkan belajar melalui musik! Pelajari 3 rekomendasi lagu populer deng...